The role of nutrition in Parkinson’s disease
Including management of symptoms, medications and diet
The presentation covers:
- Management of Parkinson’s symptoms that impact nutrition e.g. constipation, gastroparesis and dysphagia.
- Specific diets and management of Parkinson’s - which if any are best? Mediterranean, MIND, Ketogenic.
- Levodopa containing medications and dietary considerations
Watching this presentation and completing the assessment can contribute towards assessable Continuing Professional Development hours
About the Presenter
Amy Neill obtained a Bachelor of Health Science/Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics at Deakin University and has worked as an Accredited Practising Dietitian in a rehabilitation hospital since 2005. During this time Amy developed a special interest in Parkinson’s disease and the nutritional management of this progressive neurological condition. In 2018 Amy created Parkinson Diet, a blog designed to provide people with Parkinson’s and their families credible evidenced-based nutrition information.
- Access to a recording of the presentation
- Presentation notes
- Assessment quiz and certificate
- Suggested further reading
- On demand recording: from $38 receive a recording and associated documents
- Subscription: $33 monthly for all Education in Nutrition recordings (minimum 40 a year)
- More information on pricing and packages