Low carbohydrate diets for type 2 diabetes
Should we be recommending low carbohydrate diets for people living with type 2 diabetes?
Tuesday October 10, 2019
The presentation covers:
- How is a low carbohydrate diet defined?
- What does the current research and evidence on low carbohydrate diets tell us?
- As dietitians, should we be recommending low carbohydrate diets for people living with type 2 diabetes?
Watching this presentation and completing the assessment can contribute towards assessable Continuing Professional Development hours.
About the Presenter
Tim McMaster is an Accredited Practising Dietitian with Diabetes Victoria. He has over seven year’s experience working as a dietitian specifically in the areas of type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Tim is an accredited facilitator for the OzDAFNE program, which is a five day self-management program for adults living with type 1 diabetes. He is also an accredited facilitator for the DESMOND and SMART series programs, for adults living with type 2 diabetes within his role at Diabetes Victoria.
For the last 18 months Tim has been the coordinator for the Victorian Diabetes Update Day events for dietitians, along with co-coordinator of the Victorian Diabetes Interest Group. He is also a media spokesperson for the DAA.
Tim is also an accredited sports dietitian and currently works for the Footscray Bulldogs in the Victorian Football League. Tim has a strong food first mentality. His real passion is educating people on getting back to the basics of food and nutrition, along with setting the record straight on dietary myths and facts.
- Access to a recording of the webinar
- Presentation notes
- Assessment quiz and certificate
- Suggested further reading
- On demand recording: from $38 receive a recording and associated documents
- Subscription: $33 monthly for all Education in Nutrition recordings (minimum 30 a year) and free access to all our live webinars