Identifying eating disorders in the primary care setting
This presentation is designed for GPs but also provides valuable information for dietitians
Friday, March 27, 2020
- Understand the definition of eating disorders
- Identify groups who are at high risk of an eating disorder
- Identify warning signs and screening tools for diagnosis of an eating disorder
- Explain potential referral pathways for someone with an eating disorder
- Explain the role of the GP in supporting their patients and medical monitoring
- Explain indications for hospital admission for someone with an eating disorder
Watching this presentation and completing the assessment can contribute towards assessable Continuing Professional Development hours.
About the Presenter
Jen Pfeifler is an Accredited Practising Dietitian and Sports Dietitian.
Jen's interest and expertise lies in working with recreational and elite level athletes to manage eating and weight concerns and optimize sports performance. Jen completed a bachelor’s degree in nutrition and Dietetics at Auburn University, USA while playing DIV 1 tennis. She then moved to the Gold Coast to pursue Masters in Nutrition and Dietetic Practice at Bond University and now works full time in private practice at River Oak Health in Brisbane with Shane Jeffrey working in eating disorders, disordered eating, sports nutrition and weight concerns to help individuals develop a positive, balanced approach to food and/or performance.
- Access to a recording of the presentation
- Presentation notes
- Assessment quiz and certificate
On demand recording: from $24 receive a recording and associated documents
Subscription: $33 monthly for all Education in Nutrition recordings (minimum 40 a year)